Hodges Library evacuates for fire alarm around noon.
“I’m very lucky,” said Czech TV reporter Filip Horký. Horký, who chose not to attend a university after graduation, was fortunate enough to find his place at Czech TV via Facebook. “I just found one presenter of news at Facebook, and I sent a Facebook message: ‘I wanna be like you in the future,” said [...]
Paris is known for many sites: the Louvre, the Notre-Dame Cathedral and the Arc de Triumphe, but Paris is also known for having one of the most recognizable structures in the world, the Eiffel Tower. A lesser-known tower inspired by that structure is The Petřín Tower in Prague, Czech Republic. Here, tourists and Czechs can [...]
A group of churches, chapels and synagogues participate in a project aimed at expelling existing stigmas against religious institutions in the Czech Republic.
The aroma of smoked sausages, fried cheese and cinnamon fills the air in Prague, Czech Republic. There are many food options in this city, but many choose to eat at nearby vendors. Tourists tend to take advantage of them because it offers food at a price that restaurants cannot. “It is delicious and really cheap, [...]
When a man and a woman fall in love, sparks fly. They cannot seem to keep their hands off each other. However, certain social standards affect what is acceptable and where. In the United States, couples hold hands, give gentle pecks on the cheek and lips and hold each other. However in Prague, couples take [...]
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- 5 Things to Know This Week (2/9-2/16) February 9, 2014
- Four Tennessee football players arrested Saturday night February 10, 2014
- Fire alarm causes Hodges to evacuate July 8, 2014
- Czech reporter finds success through social media May 31, 2014
- Petřín Tower offers panoramic view of Bohemia May 28, 2014
- Long Night of Churches works to attract crowd, end propaganda May 27, 2014
- Vendors offer convenience, variety in Prague May 25, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.