When Superbowl time comes, all the foodies unite to think of how they can impress their friends while watching the big game. Here are a two recipes that are sure to impress your friends when they come over to enjoy Superbowl munchies.
What other food could possibly be enjoyed more on game day than America's favorite sport food: the chicken wing. Feeling overwhelmed about the idea of making homemade chicken wings? Put the frozen bag of Tyson wings down and don't fret. This recipe is easy to accomplish and even comes with a simple hot sauce.
Homemade Chicken Wings
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1lb chicken wings
1 cup Texas Pete hot sauce
1 tblsp. melted butter
1 tsp. brown sugar
1. Heat oil in fryer or deep pan.
2. Bread chicken wings individually and drop into fryer. Let fry until crisp and golden brown.
3. Repeat step 2 until all wings are cooked. Serve with wings in hot sauce or with hot sauce for dipping. Wings best with ranch or bleu cheese.
If you have friends that would appreciate some Mexican flair in their Superbowl snacks, treat them to the best fiesta finger food, the taquito.
1 cup of cooked shredded chicken
1/2 cup colby jack shredded cheese
4 oz. softened cream cheese
salt & pepper to taste
8 small flour tortillas
1. Combine shredded chicken, colby jack cheese, cream cheese, and salt & pepper.
Adjust seasoning to your taste.
2. Roll flour tortilla with small scoop of mixture in center. Make thin rolls. 3. Repeat step 2 until all 8 taquitos are done.
4. Heat oil and fry until golden brown. Serve with salsa.
Pair these two snacks with chips and some melted Velveeta cheese and you have a snack spread that will leave your friends impressed and your wallet full.