Thanksgiving is over and Christmas time is finally here! Holiday parties, family dinners and Santa Claus are on there way. Don’t know what to bring to your next event? Here are a few recipes that are guaranteed to be a big hit! Not only are they easy to make, they are fun for the entire family to do together.
What you need:
- Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines Brownies
- Vegetable Oil
- Peppermint extract
- Vanilla icing
- Peppermint sticks
- Red & green food coloring
Start off by making the brownies exactly like the box says. Before you put the brownies into the pan, add two drops of peppermint extract into the batter. Once the brownies are done, let them cool for 20 minutes. Second, separate the icing into two bowls. Put two drops of red food coloring into one bowl and two drops of green food coloring into the other bowl. Mix until you get the color you want. Then put three drops of peppermint extract into each bowl. Next, , icing the brownies with as much icing as you prefer. Finally, crush peppermint sticks into small pieces and sprinkle them onto the brownies.
- Fudge brownies work the best!
- Taste the icing as you add the peppermint extract to make you its the amount you want.
- Let the brownies fully cool because adding icing because it will run off and get messy.
Decorative Christmas Cookies
What you need:
- Betty Crocker sugar cookies
- Assorted icing flavors
- Christmas shape cutters
Make the cookie dough exactly like the instructions explain on the pack. Use the cookie cutters to form the dough into shapes. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, let them cool for at least 15 minutes. Spread a light layer of white icing onto the cookies. Then use colored icing to make designs on the cookies. Put sprinkles on it if you prefer!
- Make sure to spray the pan with non stick spray.
- Take your time when making designs!
- Don’t let the cookies get too dark in the oven, no one wants to eat hard cookies!
Featured Image by Jada Blackwell
Edited by Katy Hill