The Tennessee Volunteers have just one more regular-season game until the all-important SEC tournament. Their record stands at 19-11, with a 10-7 conference record. Once again, the Volunteers are one of the teams on the outskirts of the NCAA Tournament field. This reality has been an all-too-common theme during coach Cuonzo Martin’s time on Rocky [...]
About Chris BendeckAn aspiring sportswriter from Kingsport, TN. He's currently finishing up his History major. There's a good chance Chris is watching sports, as he's a complete fanatic. Follow Chris on Twitter @SportsNerd12
After a promising 3-1 start, the Tennessee Titans’ season imploded into a 7-9 crater that resulted in coach Mike Munchak’s firing. While injuries on offense stunted the Titan’s success, the defense didn’t exactly distinguish itself either. The Titans have a talented team on paper, but a inconsistent defense held them back this season. While free [...]
With the crowd rocking and with the team playing inspired hockey, the patrons of the Knoxville Coliseum were treated to an entertaining game Saturday night. Despite a valiant effort, the Knoxville Ice Bears were denied in their bid to reach .500 and lost 2-1 to the league-leading Pensacola Ice Flyers. The Ice Bears move to [...]
As Super Bowl XLVIII approaches, the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks are deep into their preparations for what promises to be a game to remember. As they look forward to their titanic clash in the New Jersey swamp lands, several University of Tennessee alumni figure to be prominently involved. While the obvious, and most [...]
A glimpse into the strip's newest bakery.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Medal of Honor Project December 3, 2013
- UT Pi Kappa Phi chapter shut down for hazing allegations December 2, 2013
- Preview: Tennessee vs. Missouri, Must-Win Senior Day for Vols March 8, 2014
- Martin, Vols Seeking NCAA Tournament Bid March 8, 2014
- Senior Volunteers to defend home court one last time March 8, 2014
- Middle East discussion highlights region’s views on sex, media March 7, 2014
- Wall Street Journal medical writer to speak at McClung March 7, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.