The Tennessee Volunteers baseball season has been a study of contrasts. They got off to a program-best 12-0 start and overall won 17 of their first 19 games. The Volunteers once ranked as high as #14 in the college baseball top 25 poll. Unfortunately, Tennessee has been unable to sustain their early success and for [...]
About Chris BendeckAn aspiring sportswriter from Kingsport, TN. He's currently finishing up his History major. There's a good chance Chris is watching sports, as he's a complete fanatic. Follow Chris on Twitter @SportsNerd12
The Tennessee Volunteers have gone from the NCAA Tournament’s First Four all the way to the Sweet 16. Their impressive run has not only secured coach Cuonzo Martin’s job, it has also energized Rocky Top’s fan base. The Vols first dominated Iowa 78-65 in overtime. They followed that up with routs of UMASS and Mercer [...]
The Tennessee Volunteers have just one more regular-season game until the all-important SEC tournament. Their record stands at 19-11, with a 10-7 conference record. Once again, the Volunteers are one of the teams on the outskirts of the NCAA Tournament field. This reality has been an all-too-common theme during coach Cuonzo Martin’s time on Rocky [...]
After a promising 3-1 start, the Tennessee Titans’ season imploded into a 7-9 crater that resulted in coach Mike Munchak’s firing. While injuries on offense stunted the Titan’s success, the defense didn’t exactly distinguish itself either. The Titans have a talented team on paper, but a inconsistent defense held them back this season. While free [...]
With the crowd rocking and with the team playing inspired hockey, the patrons of the Knoxville Coliseum were treated to an entertaining game Saturday night. Despite a valiant effort, the Knoxville Ice Bears were denied in their bid to reach .500 and lost 2-1 to the league-leading Pensacola Ice Flyers. The Ice Bears move to [...]
As Super Bowl XLVIII approaches, the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks are deep into their preparations for what promises to be a game to remember. As they look forward to their titanic clash in the New Jersey swamp lands, several University of Tennessee alumni figure to be prominently involved. While the obvious, and most [...]
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Homebound transcends as play for everybody February 5, 2014
- STORIFY: Snow hits the Scruffy City February 13, 2014
- Vols set to face Utah State Aggies in season opener August 28, 2014
- New plan aims to reduce emissions from power plants August 28, 2014
- Tennessee Volunteers release depth chart August 27, 2014
- Opinion: Easy 5 minute makeup tutorial August 27, 2014
- Opinion: My near death experience at Firefly Music Festival August 27, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.