As the sun goes down, school books begin to open. It’s 9 p.m. and the Golden Roast, coffee shop has no seat unoccupied. “In my case, I particularly like coming to the golden roast because I’m a night owl,” said Connor Minton, sophomore at UT. “The university is open yes, but there really is no [...]
The University of Tennessee has many dining choices, but many students tend to choose the unhealthy options. Find out why as well as the possible solutions to change this trend.
The Buddy’s Bar-B-Q Race Against Cancer celebrated its 20th annual 5k race and walk Sunday, Nov. 10. The race benefits cancer screenings and education in East Tennessee. UT student Alice Mitchell has been cancer-free for two and a half years. Mitchell attends as many races she cans because she wants to, “support a community that [...]
Tom Brokaw speaks about the future of journalism.
A video recap of the latest TNJN stories featured on The Volunteer Channel’s Hot Topix. See more from The Volunteer Channel here.
Many athletes from amateurs to professionals suffer from injuries. One of the most common injuries is the ankle sprain, but there are precautions that can be taken to prevent this injury. Edited by Jennifer Brake
Tavis Bailey is a thrower on the UT track team. The junior majoring in Communications maintains a full class schedule while balancing workouts, practice, an internship and a part-time job. He credits the work of the Thornton Athletics Student Life Center and his tutors there for helping him to be able to do well in [...]
Crystal Rosecrance is a strong mother of two, who now shares her testimony after burying her husband and then five years later her conjoined twin boys. Rosecrance is very open about the death of her husband and sons. She hopes that by sharing how she was able to overcome such difficult circumstances others will be [...]
Michael Yokosuk loves tennis. He set goals for himself in high school and accomplished them by earning a full scholarship to play tennis at Lee University. He is now training to participate in some junior professional tournaments in the coming months. Edited by Jennifer Brake
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Former Volunteers In the Super Bowl Spotlight February 1, 2014
- Lady Vols Go Hog Wild in Second Half February 1, 2014
- UT physicists to address questions after showing of “Particle Fever” documentary April 18, 2014
- Highlighting our Grads: UT senior selected for abroad fellowship to Amsterdam April 17, 2014
- Big Orange Orchard to provide accessible fruit, veggie gardens April 16, 2014
- Hokie-Smokey Classic a Pivotal Moment in Vols’ Baseball Season April 16, 2014
- Gone-Zo: Martin Leaves Tennessee for California April 16, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.