Five members of UT’s chapter of the Construction Specifications Institute won an invitation only national competition for their design of an energy-efficient house also accessible to people with disabilities. The design created by Phil Geiman, Katie Lewis, Jared Pohl, Ryan Stechmann, and Steven Whitmore will go beyond their theoretical concept and will actually be built [...]
The College of Architecture will be hosting an open house at he UT Art and Architecture Building on Friday, October 11th. The event will begin at 2:00 p.m. and feature talks from faculty members and department chairs. The programs represented include Architecture, Interior Design, and Landscape Architecture, all of which are the highest rated programs [...]
Architecture students at the University of Tennessee put their skills to the test as they remodeled the home of a family with disabilities in Knoxville to improve their quality of life and mobility around their home. This project was led by UT’s Freedom by Design team, a student service organization part of the American Institute [...]
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Former Volunteers In the Super Bowl Spotlight February 1, 2014
- Lady Vols Go Hog Wild in Second Half February 1, 2014
- UT physicists to address questions after showing of “Particle Fever” documentary April 18, 2014
- Highlighting our Grads: UT senior selected for abroad fellowship to Amsterdam April 17, 2014
- Big Orange Orchard to provide accessible fruit, veggie gardens April 16, 2014
- Hokie-Smokey Classic a Pivotal Moment in Vols’ Baseball Season April 16, 2014
- Gone-Zo: Martin Leaves Tennessee for California April 16, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.