Here is a list of four events students should check out for the Feb. 8-9 weekend.
The University of Tennessee’s College of Arts and Sciences will be holding their first annual Sophomore Step-Up event at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5 in Thompson-Boling Arena. The event is intended for all sophomores, both with declared and undeclared majors. Each department in the college will have a table and will be arranged by discipline: natural [...]
“Mythical Genitalia” – an art show featuring works all about human genitalia at Gallery 1010 in downtown Knoxville — drew large crowds during First Friday this past weekend. The show, which runs until August 10, featured 28 pieces from artists all over the United States, some of which are UT students. Varying types of mediums were [...]
This year’s Kuumba Festival kicked off Thursday, June 20, at Krutch Park, as a diverse group of musicians, artists, and dancers led this four-day celebration. The Kuumba Festival is an annual event that takes place during the summer and serves as the largest African arts festival in East Tennessee. Large crowds gathered to enjoy West [...]
Ian Norwood was born into a culturally rich family based in Chattanooga, Tenn. on January 26 of 1992. He is currently an undergraduate at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville where he studies journalism and anthropology, with plans on continuing his education at UGA with a concentration in sociocultural anthropology. He attended the neighborhood elementary, [...]
A glimpse into the strip's newest bakery.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- UT students show strong opposition to proposed food plan December 2, 2013
- Mayor Rogero talks downtown Christmas fun at city meeting December 2, 2013
- 5 reasons to be excited for Fitz and the Tantrums headlining Volapalooza March 8, 2014
- TNJN Spotlight: Local talent showcased monthly at downtown venue March 8, 2014
- Sex Week hosts religious panel to discuss sexuality, faith March 8, 2014
- Preview: Tennessee vs. Missouri, Must-Win Senior Day for Vols March 8, 2014
- Martin, Vols Seeking NCAA Tournament Bid March 8, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.