While many coaches would be celebrating the fact that their team is off to its best start in school history, Tennessee baseball head coach Dave Serrano isn’t celebrating yet. “I thought we got bored with winning,” said Serrano. “We got complacent in the middle innings. We can’t win enough to ever get bored.” Despite their [...]
The inaugural Summer Jam on August 2nd drew hundreds of people to the Lascassas Ball Field in Lascassas, Tenn. in an effort to save the baseball and softball fields from being closed down.
The event offered live music, giant inflatable toys, a silent auction, a cake walk and a pitch speed contest. The entry fee was based on donations alone and for a donation of $25 or more you would receive a shirt with your entry. All of the proceeds went towards bringing the old lighting systems at the park up to Rutherford county code.
Brandon Rupert was born in Ann Arbor, Mich. on February 5, 1986. He graduated from Tecumseh High School in Tecumseh, Mich. in 2004. He then attended Washtenaw Community College and received an Associates Degree in Liberal Arts. After attending community college he worked for Balance Consulting, LLC, also in Ann Arbor, Mich. as a software salesman and consultant. In 2008 he joined the United States Marine Corps and served in Operation Enduring Freedom. He was Honorably Discharged in 2012. He now attends the University of Tennessee and is pursuing a degree in journalism.
A glimpse into the strip's newest bakery.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- UT Pi Kappa Phi chapter shut down for hazing allegations December 2, 2013
- Medal of Honor Project December 3, 2013
- Lambda Student Union drag show features star performers March 9, 2014
- UT hosts district competition for National History Day March 9, 2014
- 5 reasons to be excited for Fitz and the Tantrums headlining Volapalooza March 8, 2014
- TNJN Spotlight: Local talent showcased monthly at downtown venue March 8, 2014
- Sex Week hosts religious panel to discuss sexuality, faith March 8, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.