Precisely one week ago, the seemingly stable men’s basketball program at the University of Tennessee suddenly erupted in chaos when head coach Cuonzo Martin decided to bolt for California. In a week’s time, and after multiple phone calls and broken rumors, the Vols have a new coach. Donnie Tyndall accepted the job last night. He [...]
This afternoon, news broke that Tennessee’s head men’s basketball coach Cuonzo Martin would be leaving the program to accept the same position at the University of California. Martin had recently turned down a job offer from Marquette, and it appeared that he would remain at Tennessee. It was announced at that time that new contract [...]
Tennessee’s basketball team will play its biggest game of the season tomorrow. The Vols are on the NCAA tournament’s proverbial bubble for the third consecutive year under head coach Cuonzo Martin. They come into the game at 19-11 (10-7) and will take on the Missouri Tigers, who are 21-9 (9-8). Saturday’s game is likely a [...]
As Selection Sunday approaches, the senior laden Tennessee Volunteers are seated firmly on the same bubble that has eluded them the last two seasons. In Head Coach Cuonzo Martin’s first two years at the helm, the Vols have been left out of the NCAA tournament and selected to play in the NIT tournament. While it [...]
The men’s basketball team took care of business Saturday in front of 17,215 people at Thompson-Boling Arena. Coming off a tough road loss at Vanderbilt, the Vols rebounded, literally and metaphorically, to pound the South Carolina Gamecocks, 72-53. The win helped the Vols improve to 15-8 (6-4), while South Carolina fell to 8-15 (1-9). Saturday’s [...]
Here is a list of four events students should check out for the Feb. 8-9 weekend.
Coming off the heels of a victory at Texas A&M, the Lady Vols returned to action Thursday night to take on a hungry Arkansas Lady Razorbacks squad. In front of a rowdy Thompson-Boling Arena, Tennessee embarked on an adventure of two halves before finally claiming a 70-60 victory. Desperate for a conference win, the [...]
When everything seemed to be going so well for the Volunteers, the wheels came lose and it all fell apart. After leading the entire game, poor decisions and a slew of fouls create a stunning loss for the Volunteers who fall to Texas A&M 57-56. Foul problems spelled trouble for the Vols in the first [...]
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- The Whipping Man comes to Carousel Theatre February 1, 2014
- Two Superbowl snacks to make this Sunday February 1, 2014
- Donnie Tyndall shows focus, humor in introductory conference April 23, 2014
- 6 reasons to go see Neighbors April 22, 2014
- UT physicists to address questions after showing of “Particle Fever” documentary April 18, 2014
- Highlighting our Grads: UT senior selected for abroad fellowship to Amsterdam April 17, 2014
- Big Orange Orchard to provide accessible fruit, veggie gardens April 16, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.