Last Wednesday, the University of Tennessee completed its 2014 football signing class. The Vols added 34 total prospects to this year’s upcoming squad. Referred to as “Team 118” by Coach Butch Jones, this year’s team definitely had some holes to fill, coming off a lackluster 5-7 season. Most of its needs were met with the [...]
Recently, Peyton Manning helped guide the Denver Broncos to the AFC divisional championship. Shortly after, Manning announced that he will likely return for the 2014 football season, a decision that left much of Vol Nation in sheer joy. The legendary quarterback and former Tennessee Volunteer is currently in New Jersey, prepping for his third Super [...]
We are now past the 11 week mark in the SEC schedule, and this last week had some surprises and it solidified some schools on the top. While some schools fight for a bowl berth, others seem to be coasting to their promise land. 1. Atop the list is none other than Alabama. Alabama is [...]
The Tennessee Vols (4-5, 1-4 SEC) will play host to the seventh-ranked Auburn Tigers (8-1, 4-1 SEC) this Saturday in the annual Homecoming game. This will be the second straight week the Vols have to take on a top 10 “Tiger” team, losing at number 10 Missouri last week. It also marks the fifth straight game Tennessee has [...]
This Saturday, Josh Dobbs will replace an injured Justin Worley to become the ninth true freshman to start at quarterback for Tennessee. Tennessee has had a good track record with freshman quarterbacks, with several going on to distinguish themselves in Vol football lore. Here is a look at the debuts for these quarterbacks, as well as [...]
The Tennessee Vols (4-4, 1-3 SEC) are traveling to Columbia, Missouri for the first time in program history to face off against the number-10 Missouri Tigers (7-1, 3-1 SEC) Saturday. Tennessee is .500 for the first time after eight games since 2009, and Missouri has been one of the biggest surprises in the country this season with their strong [...]
The Tennessee Vols are going on the road to take on the number 1-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide Saturday to renew their annual rivalry. This will mark the 13th time the Vols have played the number 1 team in the nation, with a recorof 2-10 against those teams. While the “Third Saturday in October” is actually [...]
Season over after Vols fall to no. 19 Gators? Francesco Torricelli Sunday’s game against Tennessee’s most hated rival, no. 19 Florida Gators, resulted in a Tennessee loss and brought the Vols to a record of (2-2) and now (0-1) in SEC play. Many key factors lead to the downfall of the game today for [...]
As Butch Jones and Will Muschamp were respectively preparing this week for the always-anticipated rivalry game, students and staff on each campus were competing in the annual Tennessee vs. Florida blood drive. For over twelve years now, Knoxville’s MEDIC Regional Blood Center has set up shop on campus during Tennessee-Florida week to take blood donations [...]
A glimpse into the strip's newest bakery.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- UT students show strong opposition to proposed food plan December 2, 2013
- Mayor Rogero talks downtown Christmas fun at city meeting December 2, 2013
- 5 reasons to be excited for Fitz and the Tantrums headlining Volapalooza March 8, 2014
- TNJN Spotlight: Local talent showcased monthly at downtown venue March 8, 2014
- Sex Week hosts religious panel to discuss sexuality, faith March 8, 2014
- Preview: Tennessee vs. Missouri, Must-Win Senior Day for Vols March 8, 2014
- Martin, Vols Seeking NCAA Tournament Bid March 8, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.