It may have been Josh Malone’s first game in Neyland Stadium, but he played as if he was a seasoned veteran. The 5-star receiver hauled in six receptions for 181 yards and 3 touchdowns and looked as if he was going to be the lead receiver for the Vols this upcoming season. Malone was able [...]
The University of Tennessee held it’s NFL Pro Day this morning at the Robert White Indoor Practice field in the Anderson Training Center. Scouts from all 32 NFL teams were in attendance to see what skills the Vols had to offer for the next level this year. Most attention was on the offensive lineman, as [...]
Last Wednesday, the University of Tennessee completed its 2014 football signing class. The Vols added 34 total prospects to this year’s upcoming squad. Referred to as “Team 118” by Coach Butch Jones, this year’s team definitely had some holes to fill, coming off a lackluster 5-7 season. Most of its needs were met with the [...]
Recently, Peyton Manning helped guide the Denver Broncos to the AFC divisional championship. Shortly after, Manning announced that he will likely return for the 2014 football season, a decision that left much of Vol Nation in sheer joy. The legendary quarterback and former Tennessee Volunteer is currently in New Jersey, prepping for his third Super [...]
We are now past the 11 week mark in the SEC schedule, and this last week had some surprises and it solidified some schools on the top. While some schools fight for a bowl berth, others seem to be coasting to their promise land. 1. Atop the list is none other than Alabama. Alabama is [...]
The Tennessee Vols (4-5, 1-4 SEC) will play host to the seventh-ranked Auburn Tigers (8-1, 4-1 SEC) this Saturday in the annual Homecoming game. This will be the second straight week the Vols have to take on a top 10 “Tiger” team, losing at number 10 Missouri last week. It also marks the fifth straight game Tennessee has [...]
This Saturday, Josh Dobbs will replace an injured Justin Worley to become the ninth true freshman to start at quarterback for Tennessee. Tennessee has had a good track record with freshman quarterbacks, with several going on to distinguish themselves in Vol football lore. Here is a look at the debuts for these quarterbacks, as well as [...]
The Tennessee Vols (4-4, 1-3 SEC) are traveling to Columbia, Missouri for the first time in program history to face off against the number-10 Missouri Tigers (7-1, 3-1 SEC) Saturday. Tennessee is .500 for the first time after eight games since 2009, and Missouri has been one of the biggest surprises in the country this season with their strong [...]
The Tennessee Vols are going on the road to take on the number 1-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide Saturday to renew their annual rivalry. This will mark the 13th time the Vols have played the number 1 team in the nation, with a recorof 2-10 against those teams. While the “Third Saturday in October” is actually [...]
Season over after Vols fall to no. 19 Gators? Francesco Torricelli Sunday’s game against Tennessee’s most hated rival, no. 19 Florida Gators, resulted in a Tennessee loss and brought the Vols to a record of (2-2) and now (0-1) in SEC play. Many key factors lead to the downfall of the game today for [...]
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- The Whipping Man comes to Carousel Theatre February 1, 2014
- Two Superbowl snacks to make this Sunday February 1, 2014
- Donnie Tyndall shows focus, humor in introductory conference April 23, 2014
- 6 reasons to go see Neighbors April 22, 2014
- UT physicists to address questions after showing of “Particle Fever” documentary April 18, 2014
- Highlighting our Grads: UT senior selected for abroad fellowship to Amsterdam April 17, 2014
- Big Orange Orchard to provide accessible fruit, veggie gardens April 16, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.