There is something uniquely divine about drinking the perfect cup of coffee while perched in a cozy coffee shop. Not to mention the quality conversation and culture contiguous with this centuries-old practice. Coffee is an art that comes in many forms: brewed, dripped, steamed, and poured. Hot and cold. Small and large. Delicately mixed [...]
Here is a list of four events students should check out for the Feb. 8-9 weekend.
An expansion at The Tomato Head has given Market Square a new bar and transformed a homegrown favorite into a renovated classic. The Tomato Head began expanding in September 2013 and will be finished during the summer of 2014. The new area, which formerly housed a Marble Slab Creamery, has doubled the elbow room within [...]
C&C Bistro opened in May 2013 off Clinch Ave in Downtown Knoxville. The restaurant brings a uniqueness that some say was long needed. “I walked in thinking something seemed different,” said Caroline McGinnis, a woman eating at C&C Bistro. “I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed everything.” C&C Bistro is the sister restaurant to Coffee [...]
Downtown Knoxville’s Market Square was abuzz again Saturday with its bi-weekly Farmers’ Market, offering a large array of fresh, local produce and artisan goods. The Farmers’ Market, which is in it’s 10th year, doesn’t just give life to the small city, it’s a livelihood for some of the famers who sell their produce in the [...]
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Daft Punk dominates the Grammys January 27, 2014
- Former Volunteers In the Super Bowl Spotlight February 1, 2014
- Big Orange Orchard to provide accessible fruit, veggie gardens April 16, 2014
- Hokie-Smokey Classic a Pivotal Moment in Vols’ Baseball Season April 16, 2014
- Gone-Zo: Martin Leaves Tennessee for California April 16, 2014
- Martin moves on, Tennessee to begin coach search April 15, 2014
- Cuonzo Martin will be the next coach of Cal Basketball April 15, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.