Faculty and students alike heard the sound of a fire alarm during afternoon workshops at the 1st Annual Jazz Festival in the Alumni Memorial Building on the UT Campus, but it did not stop the musical fun for very long. A small camera had caught on fire on the upper floor of the Alumni Memorial [...]
Here is a list of four events students should check out for the Feb. 8-9 weekend.
Controversial political activist and established educator Angela Davis spoke to a nearly full auditorium Tuesday, Feb. 4, both identifying and describing the role slavery continues to play in American society. Davis, notorious for her involvement in the United States Communist Party and Black Panther movement, avoided discussing her radical past. Instead, she focused on illustrating [...]
The University of Tennessee’s College of Arts and Sciences will be holding their first annual Sophomore Step-Up event at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5 in Thompson-Boling Arena. The event is intended for all sophomores, both with declared and undeclared majors. Each department in the college will have a table and will be arranged by discipline: natural [...]
McClung Museum opened its doors Saturday, Nov. 2 for another family activity day. The free event spotlighted the museum’s Pueblo-to-Pueblo exhibit and featured pottery clay-related activities along with tours of the museum. The museum has done family activity days for about a year said Debbie Woodiel, a museum employee. The museum will start having the [...]
The College of Architecture will be hosting an open house at he UT Art and Architecture Building on Friday, October 11th. The event will begin at 2:00 p.m. and feature talks from faculty members and department chairs. The programs represented include Architecture, Interior Design, and Landscape Architecture, all of which are the highest rated programs [...]
A glimpse into the strip's newest bakery.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- UT students show strong opposition to proposed food plan December 2, 2013
- Mayor Rogero talks downtown Christmas fun at city meeting December 2, 2013
- 5 reasons to be excited for Fitz and the Tantrums headlining Volapalooza March 8, 2014
- TNJN Spotlight: Local talent showcased monthly at downtown venue March 8, 2014
- Sex Week hosts religious panel to discuss sexuality, faith March 8, 2014
- Preview: Tennessee vs. Missouri, Must-Win Senior Day for Vols March 8, 2014
- Martin, Vols Seeking NCAA Tournament Bid March 8, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.