“Jules and Jim” and “Dr. Strangelove” are not films that take up the big screens in local theaters, especially in Knoxville, Tenn. Labeled obscure or art films, movies like these are hidden from the public and left for interested students to seek out — the UT Cinema Club looks to do just that. Handing [...]
Matt Milam, senior vice president at Skydance productions, will return home to Knoxville where he grew up and went to school to host a forum on how to get movies made in contemporary Hollywood. Milam will be joined by Jon Silk, Will Russell-Shapiro and Bryan Unkeless in a panel discussion, which will be held Friday, Oct. 4, [...]
Up before the crack of dawn. Up before the rooster crowed, while the night mist settled over green grass to become morning dew. Up before the milk cow shifted uneasily from the weight she carried in her utters. Up when the creak of leather harnesses and horses’ breath were the sole sounds accompanying the crunch of boots over hay and the moan of a barn door opening.
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- 5 movies to see this weekend (1/31) January 31, 2014
- Former Volunteers In the Super Bowl Spotlight February 1, 2014
- Gone-Zo: Martin Leaves Tennessee for California April 16, 2014
- Martin Moves on, Tennessee to Begin Coach Search April 15, 2014
- Cuonzo Martin will be the next coach of Cal Basketball April 15, 2014
- Researcher explains efforts to restore the American chestnut April 14, 2014
- Relay For Life uses Disney magic to ‘wish upon a cure’ April 12, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.