Last Wednesday, the University of Tennessee completed its 2014 football signing class. The Vols added 34 total prospects to this year’s upcoming squad. Referred to as “Team 118” by Coach Butch Jones, this year’s team definitely had some holes to fill, coming off a lackluster 5-7 season. Most of its needs were met with the [...]
Recently, Peyton Manning helped guide the Denver Broncos to the AFC divisional championship. Shortly after, Manning announced that he will likely return for the 2014 football season, a decision that left much of Vol Nation in sheer joy. The legendary quarterback and former Tennessee Volunteer is currently in New Jersey, prepping for his third Super [...]
The Titans won at home against the Raiders Sunday afternoon thanks to an outstanding final drive from quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. The first half was marked by a lack of offense for both teams who combined for a total of five field goals. The Raiders took the edge going into the locker rooms with a 9-6 [...]
Tennessee Titans set to play home game in LP Field on November 10th, at 1:00 PM ET, against Jacksonville Jaguars This Sunday, at 1:00 p.m. ET, the Tennessee Titans will play a home game, at LP Field, against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Titans (4-4) are favored this year in large part because of a disappointing [...]
Saturday at noon, the Tennessee Volunteers will face an 8-1 Auburn team in Neyland Stadium. Saturday is Homecoming for the University of Tennessee so the stadium will be close to capacity with students and alumni alike. The Auburn Tigers have been playing with a fire in started their season a perfect 3-0. They were handed [...]
LP Field prepares for upcoming game This Sunday at 4:05 PM (ET), the Tennessee Titans will play a home game in Nashville, Tennessee at LP Field against the Super Bowl runner up’s, San Francisco 49ers. This season, the 49ers have 4 wins to 2 loses and the Titans hold 3 wins to 3 loses. The [...]
Despite Tennessee’s first half woes, the Vols were in position to win the game with 6:09 left in the game. The Vols had reduced the Florida lead to 14 points until a costly Justin Worley interception ended the game. Worley was only on the field after an inept performance by Nathan Peterman, who had been [...]
by News Sentinel Staff Fans gearing up for Saturday’s season opener will not be allowed to bring backpacks into Neyland Stadium, University of Tennessee officials confirmed Monday. UT Police Chief Troy Lane plans to talk about the new policy at a news conference this afternoon with the Knoxville Police Department outside the stadium. UT has long [...]
A glimpse into the strip's newest bakery.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- UT Pi Kappa Phi chapter shut down for hazing allegations December 2, 2013
- Medal of Honor Project December 3, 2013
- Lambda Student Union drag show features star performer March 9, 2014
- UT hosts National History Day competition March 9, 2014
- 5 reasons to be excited for Fitz and the Tantrums headlining Volapalooza March 8, 2014
- TNJN Spotlight: Local talent showcased monthly at downtown venue March 8, 2014
- Sex Week hosts religious panel to discuss sexuality, faith March 8, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.