As Selection Sunday approaches, the senior laden Tennessee Volunteers are seated firmly on the same bubble that has eluded them the last two seasons. In Head Coach Cuonzo Martin’s first two years at the helm, the Vols have been left out of the NCAA tournament and selected to play in the NIT tournament. While it [...]
The Tennessee Volunteers took down in-state rival Vanderbilt 76-38 on Saturday, in what was the most lopsided SEC game the season. Senior guard Antonio Barton led Tennessee and was the only double-digit scorer in the entire game with 21 points. A special pre-game ceremony for former Tennessee basketball star Dale Ellis took place in Thompson-Boling [...]
The men’s basketball team took care of business Saturday in front of 17,215 people at Thompson-Boling Arena. Coming off a tough road loss at Vanderbilt, the Vols rebounded, literally and metaphorically, to pound the South Carolina Gamecocks, 72-53. The win helped the Vols improve to 15-8 (6-4), while South Carolina fell to 8-15 (1-9). Saturday’s [...]
The Tennessee Volunteers returned to Thompson-Boling Wednesday to take on Ole Miss, led by SEC villain Marshall Henderson. The Vols were able to grab their 4th SEC win, as they dominated in every area of the game. Jordan McRae rebounded from his awful Florida showing with 26 points including six three-pointers. Josh Richardson and Jeronne [...]
The Tennessee Volunteers had a chance to show the conference that they belonged among the top tier of SEC teams Saturday when they traveled to Gainesville to face the sixth ranked Florida Gators. Tennessee had won the last three competitions with Florida, but Saturday was a completely different story as the Gators dominated from the [...]
The Tennessee Volunteers returned home from a disappointing trip to Kentucky to face an Arkansas team infamous for being shaky on the road. The Vols desperately needed this win to move above .500 in the SEC and regroup after the tough loss in Lexington. In a contest similar to last week’s victory against Auburn, Tennessee [...]
The Tennessee Volunteers returned to action Wednesday night for the first time since Saturday’s heartbreaking loss to Texas A&M, looking to earn their first home SEC win against the Auburn Tigers. Jordan McRae was able to help the Vols pull out the win in what was truly a game of runs, as he led Tennessee [...]
The Tennessee Vols men’s basketball team returned to action in Thompson-Boling arena Saturday and took down Tennessee Tech thanks to a dominating 2nd half performance. Tennessee Tech came out shooting lights out from beyond the arc and went up by as much as seven in the first half, but Tennessee made a late run to [...]
The Tennessee Volunteers took the court in Thompson-Boling on Saturday night in search of their first regular season win against a tough USC Upstate team. The USC Upstate Spartans looked anything but intimidated in the first half, quickly jumping out to a lead that would reach double digits halfway through the first half of play. [...]
A glimpse into the strip's newest bakery.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- UT Pi Kappa Phi chapter shut down for hazing allegations December 2, 2013
- Medal of Honor Project December 3, 2013
- Lambda Student Union drag show features star performer March 9, 2014
- UT hosts National History Day competition March 9, 2014
- 5 reasons to be excited for Fitz and the Tantrums headlining Volapalooza March 8, 2014
- TNJN Spotlight: Local talent showcased monthly at downtown venue March 8, 2014
- Sex Week hosts religious panel to discuss sexuality, faith March 8, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.