The University of Tennessee’s Sex Week hosted a discussion in the Howard Baker Center with Drew Paul and Ayse Ikizler about Gender and Sexuality in the Middle East on March 7. Ikizler started off the discussion by describing the term “Middle Eastern” to the audience. “Middle Eastern is usually thought of as a more inclusive [...]
Tom Brokaw will be coming to University of Tennessee as the third speaker in the biannual Baker Distinguished Lecture Series Wednesday, Nov. 13 in the Cox auditorium of the Alumni Memorial Building. “He is an advocate for a media that delves into the issues, checks the facts, and reports likewise. He has made a mark [...]
Melitta Markey is a 19-year-old sophomore majoring in journalism and electronic media and minoring in business administration at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. She graduated from Independence High School in Thompsons Station, Tennessee in 2012 and attended the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga for a year before transferring to Knoxville. Transferring to the University of Tennessee at Knoxville was an easy decision for her since she had heard great things about the news broadcast program at Knoxville, which is what she plans on specializing in along with visual studies.
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- The Whipping Man comes to Carousel Theatre February 1, 2014
- Two Superbowl snacks to make this Sunday February 1, 2014
- Donnie Tyndall shows focus, humor in introductory conference April 23, 2014
- 6 reasons to go see Neighbors April 22, 2014
- UT physicists to address questions after showing of “Particle Fever” documentary April 18, 2014
- Highlighting our Grads: UT senior selected for abroad fellowship to Amsterdam April 17, 2014
- Big Orange Orchard to provide accessible fruit, veggie gardens April 16, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.