Knoxville Disc Exchange held an official watch party for the Bonnaroo line-up announcement. The party had a large turnout and awarded a lucky attendee Bonnaroo tickets and another an Xbox. The party also had a Savory and Sweet food truck on site and numerous other amenities for those watching the Bonnaroo Live Announment Megathon (B.L.A.M.) event [...]
The 56th annual Grammy Awards were held on Jan. 26, 2014 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif. The award show aired on CBS at 8 p.m. EST. LL Cool J hosted this years celebration along with a number of celebrity presenters including Neil Patrick Harris, Yoko Ono, Jamie Foxx, Ariana Grande and many [...]
Students may soon be deprived of one of the University of Tennessee’s more treasured traditions during football games. The Pride of the Southland Band was hit with funding reductions on Wednesday that will not only limit them to no away trips, but also could put a limit on what they play at home games to [...]
Miley Cyrus sure has been reinventing herself recently. In addition to the new hair and new style, she decided to refocus her music career by signing with RCA records and record her fourth studio album, “Bangerz,” which was released last week. “Bangerz” has been highly anticipated because of what Miley has done herself to promote [...]
Jim Avett, father of the Grammy-nominated Avett Brothers, headlined the Blue Plate Special concert series in downtown Knoxville on June 21. The free concert, also featuring The Green Boys band, was held inside the Knoxville Visitor’s Center and is part of a summer series that includes live lunchtime performances six days a week. More than [...]
A glimpse into the strip's newest bakery.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- TNJN Recipe: Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Casserole November 30, 2013
- St. Jude Give thanks Walk rallies local community November 30, 2013
- Middle East discussion highlights region’s views on sex, media March 7, 2014
- Wall Street Journal medical writer to speak at McClung March 7, 2014
- Japan Week highlights traditional food, sword play, dances at I-House March 7, 2014
- UT fires Sousa as band director March 6, 2014
- Martin on Shaky Ground As 3rd Season Draws to a Close March 6, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.