On March 13, the state Senate passed a resolution on the University of Tennessee that would require parents to opt-in to allowing student fees to go towards events deemed “controversial or objectionable”. “My initial reaction was that we are college students who can vote, run for elected office, serve in the military, pay taxes, be [...]
Selena Gomez made her Nashville debut at the Bridgestone Arena Friday Oct. 25. The show was part of the North American half of her Stars Dance Tour and began at 7 p.m. The show kicked off with performances from YouTube star Christina Grimmie and X-Factor boy band Emblem3. The 21-year-old pop star performed many songs [...]
Bullfeathers bar in Knoxville is hosting a singing competition for the second year in a row. Many hopefuls came out to the semi finals in order to get enough votes to make it to the end goal of Nashville.
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- 5 movies to see this weekend (1/31) January 31, 2014
- Former Volunteers In the Super Bowl Spotlight February 1, 2014
- Gone-Zo: Martin Leaves Tennessee for California April 16, 2014
- Martin Moves on, Tennessee to Begin Coach Search April 15, 2014
- Cuonzo Martin will be the next coach of Cal Basketball April 15, 2014
- Researcher explains efforts to restore the American chestnut April 14, 2014
- Relay For Life uses Disney magic to ‘wish upon a cure’ April 12, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.