Tennessee’s basketball team will play its biggest game of the season tomorrow. The Vols are on the NCAA tournament’s proverbial bubble for the third consecutive year under head coach Cuonzo Martin. They come into the game at 19-11 (10-7) and will take on the Missouri Tigers, who are 21-9 (9-8). Saturday’s game is likely a [...]
Ron Winslow, a distinguished science writer for the Wall Street Journal, will speak on March 11 at the McClung Museum for the 22nd installment of the Alfred and Julia Hill lecture series. Winslow is widely recognized as the dean of medical writing by journalists, editors and scientists. He will be presenting “Covering Science: Worst of [...]
The University of Tennessee’s College of Arts and Sciences will be holding their first annual Sophomore Step-Up event at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5 in Thompson-Boling Arena. The event is intended for all sophomores, both with declared and undeclared majors. Each department in the college will have a table and will be arranged by discipline: natural [...]
Students interested in taking their education and experiences abroad will have a chance to learn more about their opportunities Wednesday, Jan. 29 at the Spring 2014 Study Abroad Fair which will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the University Center. This event is hosted by the Programs Abroad Office and will include [...]
Tennessee set to play home game at Thompson-Boling Arena on Saturday, November 16th, 7:00 PM, against USC Upstate This Saturday, at 7:00 p.m., Tennessee Volunteers will play a home game, at Thompson-Boling Arena, against the USC Upstate. USC Upstate holds a 1-1 record, compared to Tennessee who is at 0-1. USC Upstate started the season [...]
Tennessee Titans set to play home game in LP Field on November 10th, at 1:00 PM ET, against Jacksonville Jaguars This Sunday, at 1:00 p.m. ET, the Tennessee Titans will play a home game, at LP Field, against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Titans (4-4) are favored this year in large part because of a disappointing [...]
LP Field prepares for upcoming game This Sunday at 4:05 PM (ET), the Tennessee Titans will play a home game in Nashville, Tennessee at LP Field against the Super Bowl runner up’s, San Francisco 49ers. This season, the 49ers have 4 wins to 2 loses and the Titans hold 3 wins to 3 loses. The [...]
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- The Whipping Man comes to Carousel Theatre February 1, 2014
- Two Superbowl snacks to make this Sunday February 1, 2014
- Donnie Tyndall shows focus, humor in introductory conference April 23, 2014
- 6 reasons to go see Neighbors April 22, 2014
- UT physicists to address questions after showing of “Particle Fever” documentary April 18, 2014
- Highlighting our Grads: UT senior selected for abroad fellowship to Amsterdam April 17, 2014
- Big Orange Orchard to provide accessible fruit, veggie gardens April 16, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.