Co-founder of the University of Tennesee’s Sex Week talks about the new schedule and added events to this year’s installment.
The Tennessee Volunteers returned to Thompson-Boling Wednesday to take on Ole Miss, led by SEC villain Marshall Henderson. The Vols were able to grab their 4th SEC win, as they dominated in every area of the game. Jordan McRae rebounded from his awful Florida showing with 26 points including six three-pointers. Josh Richardson and Jeronne [...]
Every year, students attend the Vol Night Long event hosted by UT’s Central Programming Council’s Campus Entertainment Board (CEB), to forget about their scholarly duties. This year the event was held on Friday, Jan. 24 from 10 p.m.-2 a.m in the TRECs. The theme was ‘where the wild things are’ and featured exotic animals as well [...]
The fall season is upon us and there’s no better way to warm up than with a hardy bowl of soup. I have selected what I think are the top 5 best soups for the fall season. Carrabba’s sausage and lentil soup. This soup is the most amazing thing I’ve had at Carrabba’s. It has a [...]
Veterans Day is a day to remember, thank and honor those who have served and are serving in the Armed Forces. Several University of Tennessee students and faculty congregated to honor those veterans at the National Day of Remembrance and Roll Call sponsored by the Task Force in Support of Student Veterans, the Student Veteran Advisory [...]
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Former Volunteers In the Super Bowl Spotlight February 1, 2014
- Lady Vols Go Hog Wild in Second Half February 1, 2014
- UT physicists to address questions after showing of “Particle Fever” documentary April 18, 2014
- Highlighting our Grads: UT senior selected for abroad fellowship to Amsterdam April 17, 2014
- Big Orange Orchard to provide accessible fruit, veggie gardens April 16, 2014
- Hokie-Smokey Classic a Pivotal Moment in Vols’ Baseball Season April 16, 2014
- Gone-Zo: Martin Leaves Tennessee for California April 16, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.