Precisely one week ago, the seemingly stable men’s basketball program at the University of Tennessee suddenly erupted in chaos when head coach Cuonzo Martin decided to bolt for California. In a week’s time, and after multiple phone calls and broken rumors, the Vols have a new coach. Donnie Tyndall accepted the job last night. He [...]
This afternoon, news broke that Tennessee’s head men’s basketball coach Cuonzo Martin would be leaving the program to accept the same position at the University of California. Martin had recently turned down a job offer from Marquette, and it appeared that he would remain at Tennessee. It was announced at that time that new contract [...]
Tennessee’s basketball team will play its biggest game of the season tomorrow. The Vols are on the NCAA tournament’s proverbial bubble for the third consecutive year under head coach Cuonzo Martin. They come into the game at 19-11 (10-7) and will take on the Missouri Tigers, who are 21-9 (9-8). Saturday’s game is likely a [...]
Dale Earnhardt Jr. crossed the finish line first on Sunday night to win his second Daytona 500. On a soggy day full of drizzling rain and thunderstorms, NASCAR was forced to delay the 56th running of its premier race for six hours and 22 minutes. The race, which was scheduled for an early afternoon start, [...]
The men’s basketball team took care of business Saturday in front of 17,215 people at Thompson-Boling Arena. Coming off a tough road loss at Vanderbilt, the Vols rebounded, literally and metaphorically, to pound the South Carolina Gamecocks, 72-53. The win helped the Vols improve to 15-8 (6-4), while South Carolina fell to 8-15 (1-9). Saturday’s [...]
The Tennessee Vols Men’s basketball team took the court against The Citadel Monday night looking to stay undefeated on their home floor. From the opening tip, the Volunteers dominated in every area of the game and played their first game where they looked like a team that could break the top 25, coasting to an [...]
Tennessee set to play home game at Thompson-Boling Arena on Saturday, November 16th, 7:00 PM, against USC Upstate This Saturday, at 7:00 p.m., Tennessee Volunteers will play a home game, at Thompson-Boling Arena, against the USC Upstate. USC Upstate holds a 1-1 record, compared to Tennessee who is at 0-1. USC Upstate started the season [...]
Tennessee Titans set to play home game in LP Field on November 10th, at 1:00 PM ET, against Jacksonville Jaguars This Sunday, at 1:00 p.m. ET, the Tennessee Titans will play a home game, at LP Field, against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Titans (4-4) are favored this year in large part because of a disappointing [...]
LP Field prepares for upcoming game This Sunday at 4:05 PM (ET), the Tennessee Titans will play a home game in Nashville, Tennessee at LP Field against the Super Bowl runner up’s, San Francisco 49ers. This season, the 49ers have 4 wins to 2 loses and the Titans hold 3 wins to 3 loses. The [...]
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- The Whipping Man comes to Carousel Theatre February 1, 2014
- Two Superbowl snacks to make this Sunday February 1, 2014
- Donnie Tyndall shows focus, humor in introductory conference April 23, 2014
- 6 reasons to go see Neighbors April 22, 2014
- UT physicists to address questions after showing of “Particle Fever” documentary April 18, 2014
- Highlighting our Grads: UT senior selected for abroad fellowship to Amsterdam April 17, 2014
- Big Orange Orchard to provide accessible fruit, veggie gardens April 16, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.