Tennessee’s basketball team will play its biggest game of the season tomorrow. The Vols are on the NCAA tournament’s proverbial bubble for the third consecutive year under head coach Cuonzo Martin. They come into the game at 19-11 (10-7) and will take on the Missouri Tigers, who are 21-9 (9-8). Saturday’s game is likely a [...]
As Selection Sunday approaches, the senior laden Tennessee Volunteers are seated firmly on the same bubble that has eluded them the last two seasons. In Head Coach Cuonzo Martin’s first two years at the helm, the Vols have been left out of the NCAA tournament and selected to play in the NIT tournament. While it [...]
The Tennessee Volunteers took down in-state rival Vanderbilt 76-38 on Saturday, in what was the most lopsided SEC game the season. Senior guard Antonio Barton led Tennessee and was the only double-digit scorer in the entire game with 21 points. A special pre-game ceremony for former Tennessee basketball star Dale Ellis took place in Thompson-Boling [...]
The University of Tennessee tested Oak Ridge National Laboratory-based LED lights at Thompson-Boling Arena on Monday, Feb. 24. The new light fixtures will replace the current conventional metal halide lights, generating more energy savings per watt. “The success of these lights will be a game changer,” Andrew Wilhelm, president of LED North America, said. Wilhelm [...]
The men’s basketball team took care of business Saturday in front of 17,215 people at Thompson-Boling Arena. Coming off a tough road loss at Vanderbilt, the Vols rebounded, literally and metaphorically, to pound the South Carolina Gamecocks, 72-53. The win helped the Vols improve to 15-8 (6-4), while South Carolina fell to 8-15 (1-9). Saturday’s [...]
Here is a list of four events students should check out for the Feb. 8-9 weekend.
The University of Tennessee’s College of Arts and Sciences will be holding their first annual Sophomore Step-Up event at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5 in Thompson-Boling Arena. The event is intended for all sophomores, both with declared and undeclared majors. Each department in the college will have a table and will be arranged by discipline: natural [...]
Coming off the heels of a victory at Texas A&M, the Lady Vols returned to action Thursday night to take on a hungry Arkansas Lady Razorbacks squad. In front of a rowdy Thompson-Boling Arena, Tennessee embarked on an adventure of two halves before finally claiming a 70-60 victory. Desperate for a conference win, the [...]
The Tennessee Volunteers returned to Thompson-Boling Wednesday to take on Ole Miss, led by SEC villain Marshall Henderson. The Vols were able to grab their 4th SEC win, as they dominated in every area of the game. Jordan McRae rebounded from his awful Florida showing with 26 points including six three-pointers. Josh Richardson and Jeronne [...]
The Tennessee Volunteers returned home from a disappointing trip to Kentucky to face an Arkansas team infamous for being shaky on the road. The Vols desperately needed this win to move above .500 in the SEC and regroup after the tough loss in Lexington. In a contest similar to last week’s victory against Auburn, Tennessee [...]
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- The Whipping Man comes to Carousel Theatre February 1, 2014
- Two Superbowl snacks to make this Sunday February 1, 2014
- Donnie Tyndall shows focus, humor in introductory conference April 23, 2014
- 6 reasons to go see Neighbors April 22, 2014
- UT physicists to address questions after showing of “Particle Fever” documentary April 18, 2014
- Highlighting our Grads: UT senior selected for abroad fellowship to Amsterdam April 17, 2014
- Big Orange Orchard to provide accessible fruit, veggie gardens April 16, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.