An assistant professor at UT will address the state of deteriorating wildlife at the UT Science Forum that is being held Friday, March 7 at noon in the Thompson-Boling Arena Ding room C-D. Dr. Marcy J. Souza will present “Epidemics of Less Glamorous Wildlife: What Can We Do to Stop Them?” at the weekly lecture [...]
Y-12 Historian Ray Smith spoke at the second installment of the UT Science Forum about the history of Oak Ridge and the Y-12 Facility.
Professor of chemistry and ORNL distinguished scientist introduced his plans to use polymer chemistry to create needed products for the consumer market.
On Friday, Devin A. White, Ph.D, spoke about archaeological discoveries from space for UT’s Science Forum at the Thompson Bowling Arena. White is the Senior Research Scientist in Geo-computation at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and an assistant professor of Anthropology at UT. He explained satellite remote sensing, a technique which influences archaeological research. “Satellite remote sensing [...]
University of Tennessee’s Science Forum was cancelled last Friday due to government shutdown. Stacy Clark, Ph.D, was scheduled to present at the UT Science Forum on Friday Oct. 4. Clark, a research forester for the U.S. Forest Service and the Department of Forestry, was suppose to present her research titled Bringing Back the Mighty Giant. However, [...]
A glimpse into the strip's newest bakery.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- UT Pi Kappa Phi chapter shut down for hazing allegations December 2, 2013
- Medal of Honor Project December 3, 2013
- UT hosts National History Day competition March 9, 2014
- 5 reasons to be excited for Fitz and the Tantrums headlining Volapalooza March 8, 2014
- TNJN Spotlight: Local talent showcased monthly at downtown venue March 8, 2014
- Sex Week hosts religious panel to discuss sexuality, faith March 8, 2014
- Preview: Tennessee vs. Missouri, Must-Win Senior Day for Vols March 8, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.