This afternoon, news broke that Tennessee’s head men’s basketball coach Cuonzo Martin would be leaving the program to accept the same position at the University of California. Martin had recently turned down a job offer from Marquette, and it appeared that he would remain at Tennessee. It was announced at that time that new contract [...]
A little after 1 p.m. today, ESPN broke the news that former Tennessee basketball head coach Cuonzo Martin agreed to take the coaching job at California. This came as a huge shock to Tennessee fans considering that on April 1, Martin turned down the Marquette job and said in a statement, “Tennessee is where I [...]
It may have been Josh Malone’s first game in Neyland Stadium, but he played as if he was a seasoned veteran. The 5-star receiver hauled in six receptions for 181 yards and 3 touchdowns and looked as if he was going to be the lead receiver for the Vols this upcoming season. Malone was able [...]
After a season where he averaged a double-double each game and helped get his team to the “Sweet 16,” the run is finally over for Vols forward Jarnell Stokes. At 1 p.m. today, Stokes officially announced in a press conference that he would forgo his senior year and enter the NBA draft. “I want to [...]
The University of Tennessee held it’s NFL Pro Day this morning at the Robert White Indoor Practice field in the Anderson Training Center. Scouts from all 32 NFL teams were in attendance to see what skills the Vols had to offer for the next level this year. Most attention was on the offensive lineman, as [...]
With spring break fast approaching, this week marked the University of Tennessee’s first Safe Spring Break event put on by Safety, Environment and Education Center (S.E.E.) staff and VOLS 2 VOLS peer educators. Throughout the week S.E.E. has partnered with the UT counseling center, UTPD, two graduate students from college student personnel and two graduate [...]
Tennessee’s basketball team will play its biggest game of the season tomorrow. The Vols are on the NCAA tournament’s proverbial bubble for the third consecutive year under head coach Cuonzo Martin. They come into the game at 19-11 (10-7) and will take on the Missouri Tigers, who are 21-9 (9-8). Saturday’s game is likely a [...]
As Selection Sunday approaches, the senior laden Tennessee Volunteers are seated firmly on the same bubble that has eluded them the last two seasons. In Head Coach Cuonzo Martin’s first two years at the helm, the Vols have been left out of the NCAA tournament and selected to play in the NIT tournament. While it [...]
A profile of a local bakery that specializes in treats for man's best friend.
Video by Savannah Lucas
More video stories can be found in the TNJN video section.
TNJN on Twitter
Photos on flickr
- Dance Society hosts art appreciation showcase November 30, 2013
- Knoxville Film Festival to premiere at Regal Downtown West September 19, 2013
- Feature: The Other Side of Immigration December 2, 2013
- Former Volunteers In the Super Bowl Spotlight February 1, 2014
- Lady Vols Go Hog Wild in Second Half February 1, 2014
- Highlighting our Grads: UT senior selected for abroad fellowship to Amsterdam April 17, 2014
- Big Orange Orchard to provide accessible fruit, veggie gardens April 16, 2014
- Hokie-Smokey Classic a Pivotal Moment in Vols’ Baseball Season April 16, 2014
- Gone-Zo: Martin Leaves Tennessee for California April 16, 2014
- Martin moves on, Tennessee to begin coach search April 15, 2014
- BOSS dance company presents fourth annual spring showcase | Tennessee Journalist: [...] dancers were first asked to perform the Can-...
- Jose Amaro: I was delighted to read about your Pedro Pan exper...
- chuck turner: Why are people calling this the 1st film festival ...
Since Oct. 12, 2006, the Tennessee Journalist has served as the news website of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media at the University of Tennessee.
This site is operated by a staff of students who make many of the posting and policy decisions. It contains news reports generated by the staff and by journalism classes at UT. As such, TNJN.com is a central part of the curriculum of the School.